Thursday 21 November 2013

Mary J. Blige Covers SHAPE Mag.+ Flaunts Bikini Bod at 42!

119_maryj_insetMary J. Blige is looking fit and fabulous at 42!


Mary J. Blige flaunts her bikini body in the December issue of Shape, revealing to the mag how she stays fit and focused at 42 years old. The Grammy winner confesses she cut alcohol out of her life after the death of Whitney Houston, explaining, “Others may be able to drink and have a great time, but it doesn’t work for me at this point.”
“I haven’t had a drink in a year and three months. I had quit for a long time but started again about five years ago,” says Blige. “I’m off it completely once more, and now I feel stronger than ever.”
The singer goes on, “Whitney Houston’s death really crushed me.”
“I saw someone so incredibly talented just diminish, and I refuse to go out like that,” declares Blige.
Blige also credits cardio workouts and a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb diet for her healthy figure.
“I had an ‘aha!’ moment recently after a swim. I was walking by a mirror and I saw my abs, and they were crazy toned, and my arms looked unbelievable — in a good way, [and] I was thrilled and so proud of myself,” Blige tells the magazine.
She adds, ”When I’m fit, I can conquer the world. I love the way I look and feel right now and am truly comfortable in my own skin.

No comments: